A good whole class warm up game- this works well when introducing topics such as 'Commedia' because it gets students thinking quickly and introduces them to the idea of improvisation and develops their listening skills. It also develops good hand/ eye co-ordination for a cross curricular link to PE! 'Earth Air Water' game:-
· Whole class in a circle. Teacher in the centre.
· Throws a ball to people in the circle and says either 'earth, air or water'. Then they count down from 5-1.
· The student has to catch the ball, say a member of that category and get the ball back to the W/Shop leader before they get to 1, or they are out.
· Play until one person left.
· Not allowed any repeated answers.